Several celebrities attended the third annual “Bent on Learning” gala, a non-profit which teaches yoga to children enrolled in New York City public schools.
Longtime yoga follower and vegetarian Russell Simmons was an honoree for the evening, and explained how yoga benefited him spiritually as well as physically.
“If you can put your foot behind your head and smile and breathe, then someone can yell at you and you can keep your composure,” Simmons said.
Students from several NYC public schools were in attendance and demonstrated positions they learned on mats.
Guests also enjoyed lacto-ovo vegetarian food and a live auction.
Yoga has been shown to reduce disciplinary problems in schoolchildren and a positive correlation between amount of time spent in yoga education and student GPA has been discovered.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alicia Silverstone Says Children Appreciate A Vegan “Kind Mama”
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Mayim Bialik Gives Tips For Turning Kids On To Veggies
- “Teen Mom” Farrah Abraham Daughter Sports Faux Fur (Video)
- Bob Barker Advocates Vegetarian Diet For Preventing Alzheimer’s (Video)