Oh, say it ain’t so!
Natalie Portman has made the official announcement to the world that since she become pregnant, she’s dropped veganism from the starring role in her life.
“I actually went back to being vegetarian when I became pregnant, just because I felt like I wanted that stuff,” Portman said. “I was listening to my body to have eggs.”
“I know there are people who do stay vegan, but I think you have to just be careful, watch your iron levels and your B12 levels and supplement those if there.”
“If you’re not eating eggs, then you can’t have cookies or cake from regular bakeries, which can become a problem when that’s all you want to eat,” she said. “I actually wanted eggs at the beginning and then they grossed me out after awhile.”
Whether or not cravings mean your body really “needs” something is subjective, and some vegan moms have offered advice on how to control this or channel it into a taste for another vegan food.
But getting iron and B12 from the form of vegan supplements is as easy as dairy-free and egg-free pie, so there’s no excuse for stealing Chicken Little’s goodies.
But thing’s could be worst.
At least Natalie’s still a vegetarian.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ellie Goulding Makes Vegan Burger On “Jamie And Jimmy’s Friday Night Feast”
- Ali Larter Considers Vegan Diet To Lose Baby Weight
- Christina Pirello Gives Tips For Maintaining Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- “Masterchef” India Goes Vegetarian For A Season
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jason Mraz Avocado Pudding Smoothie Guacamole