Since Mike Tyson embarked on a vegan diet, losing over 100 pounds in the process, he doesn’t even want to smell meat aromas.
That includes on someone’s breath.
Tyson shared this with the New York Times, while adding he wants nothing in his body that “that’s going to enrage me — no processed food, no meat.”
We already know vegetables can make your armpits smell nicer. Conversely, animal products like meat, dairy and eggs may leave your mouth hungry for a mint or two.
Certain meat and dairy foods broken down by the body release certain sulphur-containing compounds like cysteine. When you open your big mouth after after a big breakfast of eggs and milk, cysteine combines with air and makes co-workers avoid you.
Some people with lactose intolerance have reported their halitosis problem going away after removing dairy from their diets.
Crunchy, fiber-rich fruits and vegetables increase saliva production, which naturally keep the mouth moist and prevent bad breath compounds from sticking. Fruits high in Vitamin C like berries and melons will also create a hostile environment for bad breath germs.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alicia Silverstone To Humane Society On “Kind Mama” And Next Cookbook
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Orlando Jones (Video)
- Norman Reedus Of “The Walking Dead” Eats Vegetarian After Flesh Scenes
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book