Update: The correct time for the event has been posted. It is from noon until 7 pm.
Everything’s bigger in Texas, especially the tofu.
Moby is going to vegify the pants off the cowgirls and cowboys as part of the SXSW Festival activities when he hosts his vegan barbecue at Cheer Up Charlie’s, located at 1104 E. 6th St. in Austin, Texas. The event takes place on Thursday March 17, from noon until 7 p.m.
What’s better than great vegan food? Great vegan food that benefits a non-profit animal advocacy group.
Donations and a portion of all proceeds from the vegan grub will be donated to Compassion Over Killing. If you’re one of those weirdos who don’t like vegan barbecue, just bring your wallet for a donation. Entry to the event, however, is free.
There will be two stages. Stage 1 is for the DJs and Moby will spin between 6-7 p.m.
Stage 2 is for the bands with acts like Home Video, Class Actress and French Horn Rebellion.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alan Cumming Celebrates New York City Most Vegan-Friendly Honor
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Denzel Washington Quits Tofu
- Rob Zombie To Eat Vegan On “Top Chef”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Misterwives’ Vegan Chicken Scallopini (Video)