Erin McKenna, the owner of BabyCakes bakeries that offer vegan, gluten-free desserts in New York and Los Angeles that have become popular among vegan and non-vegan celebrities, is set to release her 2nd cookbook, BabyCakes Covers the Classics.
Publishers Weekly‘s Dale Goldberg is giving the book, which McKenna promised to throw in recipes for vegan donuts, pancakes and even non-dessert items like mac and cheese, the thumbs up–when those thumbs aren’t busy holding snickerdoodle cookies.
“If the majority of the treats in BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles by Erin McKenna (Clarkson Potter, Aprl) turn out as well as these cookies did, I’ll be duly impressed. I admit that I lowered my expectations a little for these snickerdoodles, thinking they might be good for gluten-free vegan cookies, but that they wouldn’t compare to “regular” cookies. There was only one “problem” with this recipe: baking the batter by teaspoonfuls gave me close to 60 cookies rather than the 36 McKenna claims, but there are things much worse than having too many of these snickerdoodles!”
You can find the recipe for McKenna’s vegan snickerdoodle cookies here.
BabyCakes Covers the Classics is scheduled for release by Clarkson and Potter on April 12, 2011.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mayim Bialik Winter Vegetable Risotto
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Al Gore “Medscape” Interview On Health Medicine And Vegan Diet
- Mayim Bialk Makes Vegan Cupcakes On “Rachael Ray” (Video)
- Jared Leto Thanks Makers Of Vegan Butter For “Dallas Buyers Club” Win