If you eat vegan and wear vegan, you should also be sleeping vegan.
Consumers on the lookout for natural, earth-friendly mattresses may be disappointed to learn many use wool as an alternative to the chemicals required to make them flame-retardant.
Danny Seo, eco stylist and consultant on CBS’ The Early Show and Better Homes and Gardens, unveils the Simmons Natural Care Mattress line in this video, made from rubber-tree based latex and a foam enhanced with soy. Now you can sleep, eat, relax, watch TV or do, ahem, any other activity on a completely animal-free bed.
“The mattress is made primarily from natural rubber tree based latex — a biodegradable material that’s also hypoallergenic and naturally dust mite, mold and mildew resistant. Beneath the latex is a layer of base foam enhanced with soy. The use of soy, as opposed to traditional foam, means that less petroleum was used in the manufacturing process, which ultimately leads to a lighter carbon footprint.”
“The cover of the bed is made from wood cellolosic fibers that are harvested from evergreen trees (instead of our precious hardwoods) and typically sourced from companies that participate in the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. Not skimping on even a single detail, even the interior grid is made from 80 percent recycled steel. In short, this is the real frigin deal!”
For more information and to view the entire collection, visit Naturalcarebed.com.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Stevie Wonder Says Vegan Helps His Good Looks And Planet
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Waka Flocka Blueberry Vegan Muffins (Video)
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)
- Meatless Mouthful–Liam Hemsworth Gives Veggie Advice Like Dr. Spock (Video)
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)