Jones told Oregon Live, “I use natural fibers and try to impact my environment by making things to order; I don’t over-produce. I also try to sustain the economy that supports me,” Jones said about buying local.
While we’re loving Tim Gunn‘s anti-fur stance, it’s surprising to learn he was hesitate about Jones using only sustainable materials in the competition. Such little faith?
“When I was going through the application process, Tim Gunn’s first concern was my intention to stay sustainable on the show,” Jones told Ecosalon. “We only shopped at Mood or used the alternative materials offered to us for challenges but Mood uses over-run materials from high-end designers so that sort of fit into my idea of sustainable. To represent myself as a solid designer was to let go of some materials I was used to using though.”
Take a look at Jones’ stylish hand-dyed materials on the clip.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Chopped” To Feature Vegan Chef Using Tempeh In Competition
- Lisa Rinna Ate Vegan Like Mary Lou Henner During “Celebrity Apprentice” (Video)
- Cornelia Guest Tootsies Shopping Party Benefited Pup Squad Of Houston
- Carrie Ann Inaba Dons Vegan Shoes For “Dancing With The Stars” 300th
- “Cupcake Wars” To Feature Vegan Friendly “The Cakabakery”