Georges Laraque is in between careers right now, after recently leaving the Montreal Canadiens.
While he decides where his next step should be in the NHL, Laraque is keeping busy with his activism.
Laraque hosts free monthly viewings of his French narrated version of Earthlings, Terriens, the documentary about the use of animals in food and fashion industries that prompted him to go vegan.
According to The Star, the screenings usually attract 150-200 people.
“We’re talking about how bad eating animals is, not just for compassion, but how bad it is for your health and for the environment,” said Laraque. “I’m not an extremist trying to force people to do so. I give them the information and people can make their own decision.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Darren Aronofsky Receives Humane Society Honor For “Noah”
- Norman Reedus Of “The Walking Dead” Eats Vegetarian After Flesh Scenes
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book
- Lee Daniels Considers Opening Vegan Restaurant