Georges Laraque is in between careers right now, after recently leaving the Montreal Canadiens.
While he decides where his next step should be in the NHL, Laraque is keeping busy with his activism.
Laraque hosts free monthly viewings of his French narrated version of Earthlings, Terriens, the documentary about the use of animals in food and fashion industries that prompted him to go vegan.
According to The Star, the screenings usually attract 150-200 people.
“We’re talking about how bad eating animals is, not just for compassion, but how bad it is for your health and for the environment,” said Laraque. “I’m not an extremist trying to force people to do so. I give them the information and people can make their own decision.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Pamela Anderson Saves Water Alfred Hitchcock Way In PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Beyonce Vegan Pizza
- Noel Gallagher Can’t Be F*cking Bothered With Morrissey’s Vegetarian Ways
- Meatless Mouthful–Kate Mara Says “Yes” To Meat-Free Meals
- IKEA Unveils Its Vegetarian Meatball Option