Nat discussed the disappointment of her fallen vegan shoe line, Te Casan.
“The company that makes them closed down,” Natalie said. “Nothing to do with my shoes, I hasten to add-but it was a learning experience.”
She explained she how she became vegan and why she continues to make the food decisions she does.
“Part of my reason for being vegetarian was because it practices respect and love for life all through the day, so three times a day, you make a decision to eat things that have not been killed.”
And author Jonathan Safran Foer helped push her to the vegan side.
“I have been a vegetarian for 20 years but I recently became vegan and that has more to do with the factory farming aspect and my friend’s book, Eating Animals [by author Jonathan Safran Foer], which was deeply disturbing.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- “The Doctors” Give Healthy Holiday Tips
- Ellie Goulding Vegetarian With Real Stuffed Animal Collection
- Meatless Mouthful–Rick Warren Praises The Plant
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Giada de Laurentiis Chia Seed Pudding
- Meatless Mouthful–Torrey DeVito For Shelter Pet Project (Video)