Maybe that’s why they were so nice to him.
“You get a lot of attention when you first go in, especially if you’re Boy George,” George said. “But, in a funny sort of way, people were actually quite sweet; people would come up to me and say, ‘Do you need a tooth brush, a mirror?’ There’s some nice people in prison!”
There were even some people paying homage to the Culture Club king, who’s real name is George O’Dowd.
“When you walk in, you’ve got the balconies, the safety nets, people shouting Karma Chameleon, banging things.”
“You think, ‘How am I going to make this work for me?’ I got a job in the kitchen, made the vegetarian food. The more you do that, the quicker it (the sentence) goes. They probably thought I was going to be a complete nightmare.”
If you’re heading to prison anytime soon, ask the judge to send you to one of the top 10 vegetarian friendly prisons.
Otherwise, you might end up in the kitchen like Boy George cooking for yourself.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Tom Scholz Receives PETA Compassionate Action Award
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Giada de Laurentiis Vegetarian Chili Verde
- Ellen DeGeneres Shares Thanksgiving Ideas With People (Video)
- John Salley And Stars Celebrate PETA Celebrity Stamp Launch
- Meatless Mouthful–Flo Rida Preaches Vegan Virtues To Arsenio Hall