Shocked, disappointed, excited-regardless of your feelings about Ellen as a judge, one thing’s for sure: she’ll be bringing a warm heart for animals to the judge’s table.
A vegan and activist who has championed causes like Prop 2 and given away vegan items on her television show, Ellen now makes one more animal advocate along with Simon Cowell.
Simon’s not vegetarian (Ellen, bring your vegan seitan wings to the rehearsals), but he’s been outspoken on animal welfare, including a PSA urging dog owners never to leave their four legged friends locked in a car.
Simon even said he sensed vegetarian Carrie Underwood‘s kindness when she walked into her audition and mentioned putting items about how potential Idol contestants treated animals on the audition questionnaire.
Now if only we could get Randy Jackson to get naked in the name of being fur-free.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jon Stewart and Wife Tracey Stewart Adopt Horse
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Ellen DeGeneres Promotes Leather And Suede In New Shoe Line