“Back in 1977, when I was a player-coach, I came back from a road trip, and my wife was watching a PBS documentary on how veal comes to the table. As soon as I walked in the door, she said, “We will never eat veal again.” So that started it. Very soon after, all red meat disappeared from our plates, and the chicken and turkey, and then fish. Within a year to a year and a half, we were totally vegetarian.”
—-Major league baseball manager Tony La Russa, in an interview with Vegetarian Times in the September ’09 print issue. Tony and his wife, Elaine, founded the Animal Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit that provides services for abadoned animals, such as vet assistance and adoption.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Meatless Mouthful–Ariana Grande Says Leave Milk To The Cows
- Gus Kenworthy Bringing Home Puppies And Medal From Olympics
- Alexey Voyevoda Wins Gold For Russia Bobsledding And Vegan Athletes
- Meatless Mouthful–Gordan Ramsay Pays You NOT To Go Vegetarian