“Back in 1977, when I was a player-coach, I came back from a road trip, and my wife was watching a PBS documentary on how veal comes to the table. As soon as I walked in the door, she said, “We will never eat veal again.” So that started it. Very soon after, all red meat disappeared from our plates, and the chicken and turkey, and then fish. Within a year to a year and a half, we were totally vegetarian.”
—-Major league baseball manager Tony La Russa, in an interview with Vegetarian Times in the September ’09 print issue. Tony and his wife, Elaine, founded the Animal Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit that provides services for abadoned animals, such as vet assistance and adoption.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable
- Griff Whalen Of Indianapolis Colts Receives The Vegan Pass
- Meatless Mouthful–Sadie Frost Keeps Mum On Eating Habits
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World