“Back in 1977, when I was a player-coach, I came back from a road trip, and my wife was watching a PBS documentary on how veal comes to the table. As soon as I walked in the door, she said, “We will never eat veal again.” So that started it. Very soon after, all red meat disappeared from our plates, and the chicken and turkey, and then fish. Within a year to a year and a half, we were totally vegetarian.”
—-Major league baseball manager Tony La Russa, in an interview with Vegetarian Times in the September ’09 print issue. Tony and his wife, Elaine, founded the Animal Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit that provides services for abadoned animals, such as vet assistance and adoption.
Possibly Related Posts:
- PETA Names AT & T Park Most Veggie Friendly MLB Stadium
- Tim Howard Scores Goal For Animals In PETA “Ink Not Mink” Ad
- Meatless Mouthful–Meryl Streep Urges NJ Gov. Christie To Ban Ivory
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Amar’e Stoudemire Offers Vegetarian Chili In “Cooking With Amar’e”