“Back in 1977, when I was a player-coach, I came back from a road trip, and my wife was watching a PBS documentary on how veal comes to the table. As soon as I walked in the door, she said, “We will never eat veal again.” So that started it. Very soon after, all red meat disappeared from our plates, and the chicken and turkey, and then fish. Within a year to a year and a half, we were totally vegetarian.”
—-Major league baseball manager Tony La Russa, in an interview with Vegetarian Times in the September ’09 print issue. Tony and his wife, Elaine, founded the Animal Rescue Foundation, a nonprofit that provides services for abadoned animals, such as vet assistance and adoption.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Samuel L. Jackson Credits Dr. Esselstyn For Vegan Diet
- Meatless Mouthful– Alicia Silverstone On Being A “Kind Mama”
- Meatless Mouthful–Michael Bolton Says Eat To Be Healthy And Happy
- Meatless Mouthful–Moby Says Look A Cow In The Eye
- Rob Bigwood Gets His “Game Of Arms” On With Plant-Based Foods