Whale Wars star and former Naval Surface Warfare Officer (hence the 2008 Sexiest Vegetarian Soldier title) Jane Taylor says riding the Steve Irwin with the Sea Shepherd crews is a lot like her experiences with the military.
But the big differences between the Sea Shepherd and the Navy is that the crew gets to crank their music up, put creative drawings and stamps on the ship’s log, and the whole crew eats vegan!
Jane announced on last week’s episode that she’ll be leaving the Steve Irwin for now, but there’s a good chance she’ll be back!
From an interview with peta.org:
What was the most rewarding part of your post with Sea Shepherd?
I would say being able to utilize my skills in an appropriate arena—the ocean—and feeling useful. The ultimate for an animal activist is to go on campaign and be in the action and feel the wind and sea spray and life as opposed to being in an office, which, of course, is important as well.
You can catch the Sea Shepherd crew on Whale Wars every Friday evening at 9PM EST on the Animal Planet Channel.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Carrie Underwood Dogs Lock Themselves In Car And Make Great PSA Example