Written by Vegetarian Star on June 9th, 2009 in TV Hosts.
The folks at green gossip site, Ecorazzi.com, came up with their list of top 5 vegan celebrities for the year 2009.
Ellen DeGeneres took the #1 spot!
“If I could, I’d write a book called Why Ellen DeGeneres Is Cooler Than PB&J. You see, Ellen has perhaps the most attractive trait any celebrity could posses: the ability to speak-up for the causes she believes in without turning people off. …To thank her for all your compassion and coolness, we offer Ellen the biggest slice of vegan cake we can find and the title of our NUMBER ONE Vegan Celebrity of 2009.”
It’s easy to see why Ellen can’t be beat. She and wife Portia de Rossi received the Humane Society’s Wyler Award for their animal activism. She was a staunch supporter of Proposition 2. She even gives away free vegan goodies on her show.
Hats off to Ellen. Check out the other vegan celebrities to see if your fave made the cut.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2014
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 2
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 1
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Michael Symon Corn Pudding With Collards And Mushrooms