Janeane Garofalo has said that although she was a vegetarian for 18 years, she now eats bacon. However, she only eats it about twice a year.
E:You were a vegetarian for 18 years…
JG: Right, but I’m no longer a vegetarian.
E: I read that.
JG: I’m a vegetarian except for bacon. The amount of times I eat bacon is negligible though. I’d say I eat bacon once or twice a year. But other than that — no meat at all.
We often like to rag on former vegetarian celebrities and those who “slip” but even activist Alicia Silverstone has said she’d rather have someone be almost vegetarian than a regular meat eater.
Once or twice a year baconator? Not too bad.
Of course, we’ll use this to remind Janeane of the delicious meatless bacon out there, like Lightlife’s Smart Bacon. Taste like the real thing, even meat eaters enjoy it. Try it with as a B.L.T. sometime. When you come back with your belly full of vegan bacon rambling about how you can’t wait for your next sandwich, we won’t say we told you so.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Kaley Cuoco Invents The Dog Bib
- Alicia Silverstone Says Children Appreciate A Vegan “Kind Mama”
- Meatless Mouthful–Sadie Frost Keeps Mum On Eating Habits
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)