Kiss that meat goodbye, girlfriend!
We always like it when someone crosses over to our side. Country music star and American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler is the latest celebrity to become vegetarian. Even better, she’s talking about it.
Pickler first switched to being a veg for health reasons. Then she saw a video by Pamela Anderson on animal rights, which, much like the experience of Anthony Kiedis, convinced her there was no turning back.
“A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat,” she said.
So Pamela Anderson is the first blond. Then comes fellow Idol alumnus Carrie Underwood. When she made the decision, she began texting back and forth, asking Carrie all sorts of newbie questions, such as “Is fish considered a meat?” Underwood, being the ever supportive teacher didn’t know if Pickler could pull it off at first and was amazed that she stuck through it.
Being a small fish in a large pond, Pickler is careful not to get too preachy. There aren’t many vegetarians in country music, with Shania Twain being one of the few.
“Most country girls do like their meat!” she said.
Now one less country girl eats her meat.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kelis Spinach And Chickpea Fritters With Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Beyonce Raw Vegan Walnut Tacos
- Carrie Underwood Dogs Lock Themselves In Car And Make Great PSA Example
- Miley Cyrus Makes Vegan Announcement In Paper Magazine