The annual Canadian seal hunt has begun, and starts a long season of bloody, bludgeoned animals that are killed before they even reach maturity.
Some of the contestants from Top Chef All Stars have teamed up with the Humane Society’s Chefs for Seals program, where prominent chefs and restaurants vow to boycott Canadian seafood until the hunt has permanently ended.
Recently eliminated Top Chef star Mike Isabella said: “Until the Canadian provinces end seal-hunting, I cannot in good conscience source my seafood from that region.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro