The annual Canadian seal hunt has begun, and starts a long season of bloody, bludgeoned animals that are killed before they even reach maturity.
Some of the contestants from Top Chef All Stars have teamed up with the Humane Society’s Chefs for Seals program, where prominent chefs and restaurants vow to boycott Canadian seafood until the hunt has permanently ended.
Recently eliminated Top Chef star Mike Isabella said: “Until the Canadian provinces end seal-hunting, I cannot in good conscience source my seafood from that region.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Samantha Barks Relates To Fish For PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Tiffani Thiessen Roasted Tomato Soup (Video)
- Richard Linklater Spins Vegetarian Spoof Of “Boyhood” For PETA (Video)
- David Duchovny Pens “Holy Cow: A Modern-Day Dairy Tale”
- Beyonce And Trainer Start Vegan Meal Delivery Service