The annual Canadian seal hunt has begun, and starts a long season of bloody, bludgeoned animals that are killed before they even reach maturity.
Some of the contestants from Top Chef All Stars have teamed up with the Humane Society’s Chefs for Seals program, where prominent chefs and restaurants vow to boycott Canadian seafood until the hunt has permanently ended.
Recently eliminated Top Chef star Mike Isabella said: “Until the Canadian provinces end seal-hunting, I cannot in good conscience source my seafood from that region.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Frances Fisher Experiences “Resurrection” Of Youth With Vegan Diet
- Al Gore “Medscape” Interview On Health Medicine And Vegan Diet
- Mayim Bialk Makes Vegan Cupcakes On “Rachael Ray” (Video)
- Jared Leto Thanks Makers Of Vegan Butter For “Dallas Buyers Club” Win
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Wolfgang Puck Oscar Chocolate Cupcakes