The annual Canadian seal hunt has begun, and starts a long season of bloody, bludgeoned animals that are killed before they even reach maturity.
Some of the contestants from Top Chef All Stars have teamed up with the Humane Society’s Chefs for Seals program, where prominent chefs and restaurants vow to boycott Canadian seafood until the hunt has permanently ended.
Recently eliminated Top Chef star Mike Isabella said: “Until the Canadian provinces end seal-hunting, I cannot in good conscience source my seafood from that region.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth