The annual Canadian seal hunt has begun, and starts a long season of bloody, bludgeoned animals that are killed before they even reach maturity.
Some of the contestants from Top Chef All Stars have teamed up with the Humane Society’s Chefs for Seals program, where prominent chefs and restaurants vow to boycott Canadian seafood until the hunt has permanently ended.
Recently eliminated Top Chef star Mike Isabella said: “Until the Canadian provinces end seal-hunting, I cannot in good conscience source my seafood from that region.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kerry Washington Glowing Green Smoothie (Video)
- Mandy Moore Helps Launch Purina “Build Better Lives” For Shelter Cats
- Kathryn Prescott Consumes Vegan Frozen Yogurt On “Finding Carter”
- Steve Schirripa From “The Sopranos” Launches Vegan Organic Sauces
- Bill Clinton Elected By Americans For The Grill On “TODAY” (Video)