Both the singer and drummer are not only vegetarians, but vegans.
Grande said in an interview with V magazine: “In America, almost everybody thinks you need to have meat for protein. Protein, protein, protein! And what’s in dairy? Calcium, calcium, calcium. Look, cows produce milk with nutrients for cows.”
Hurley went completely plant-based after learning about conditions in factory farms.
“When you realize that you can change yourself in such hugely important ways,” he said, “you start to realize, what can’t you change?”
Grande and Hurley beat out several well-known stars in the online poll, including Ellie Goulding, Carrie Underwood and Jason Mraz.
Previous winners of the annual competition include Kristin Bell and Davey Havok.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- The Passing Of A Vegan Prince
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools