Jenna Dewan Tatum is the star of a new billboard campaign for cosmetics that are not tested on animals.
The Humane Society of the United States has placed its Be Cruelty Free ad on Fairfax Ave. at Santa Monica Blvd., a busy shopping district in L.A.
The ad’s placement comes just as the Humane Cosmetics Act, legislation that would prohibit manufacturing or selling animal-tested cosmetics in the U.S., has been introduced to lawmakers.
“I truly hope that in this day and age, the United States will follow other amazing countries that have already banned cosmetic testing,” Jenna said.
These testing procedures are painful to animals and companies are not required by law to conduct them. And there are plenty of vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics already on the market.
Michelle Cho, vice president of The HSUS’ Los Angeles office said: “Jenna is living proof that one can be stunningly gorgeous choosing a cruelty free lifestyle, and have a killer look without having to kill.”
You can watch a behind the scenes video of the making of the ad and an interview with the vegan actress here.
Image: Humane Society of the United States
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable
- Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare Launching Soon