A recent episode of the Food Network’s Chopped featured contestants exploring vegan and vegetarian cooking with ingredients like tempeh, chia seeds and wheatgrass.
Owner of Philadelphia-based vegan restaurant Vedge spoke to the media weeks ago about his experience on the show. It was then that he gave hints about the ingredient of the night being tempeh.
The chefs created combinations like Asian Sautee Tempeh and Steak Spice Tempeh.
For dessert, another high protein plant alternative to meat was used–edamame.
The two tempeh steaks weren’t the favorite of the evening according to the judges. And Landau confessed that serious vegans may not appreciate his Edamame Turnovers with Cranberry Sauce because he chose to use honey versus another sweetener like maple or agave syrup.
But even with the show’s bittersweet (pun intended) ending, at least vegan food got a few minutes of fame and will hopefully make people at home spend more than a few minutes a week chopping veggie ingredients in their own kitchens.
Possibly Related Posts:
- James Cromwell Reflects On 20th Anniversary Of “Babe”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad