Years ago Belinda Carlisle made a commitment to be a vegetarian.
She and the rest of the Go-Go Girls appeared in a PETA “I’d Rather Go Naked than Wear Fur” ad and the iconic 80s pop singer shared a few moments with the animal rights group to reminensce about the campaign and the days when eating vegetarian fell off the hit charts for her.
Carlisle told PETA:
“I fell off the vegetarian wagon and never felt good about it. I wouldn’t let myself think of my plate of meat as an animal, but I knew deep inside it was, and actually it was gross, especially chicken. I was full of shame. Then I started practicing yoga, which is all about nonviolence, and realized eating meat isn’t compatible with that. Now I teach yoga, and I’m so full of pride not to support factory farms and to be socially responsible.”
Of course it helps that there are more plant-based options anywhere you go today compared to the Go-Go’s reign in the 80s.
Read the entire interview at PETA.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2015
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Dine On Plant-Based Food
- Pamela Anderson Does Sexy Vegan Cake Making For “Love “
- Moby Opens Little Pine Vegan Restaurant
- Jesse Einsenberg Celebrates “Thanksliving” During The Holidays (Video)