Billy Corgan‘s commercial debut promotes a local company in his hometown and benefits an animal welfare organization.
“I can honestly say that if it had been anybody else in the country outside of Chicago … I probably wouldn’t have done it,” Corgan said, according to the Chicago Tribune.
“(And because) the commercial’s obviously very focused on the Chicago market,” added Corgan of the combined advertisement for his wrestling company Reinaissance Pro and Walter E. Smithe furniture.
The furniture company donated $50,000 to PAWS Chicago–the city’s largest no-kill animal organziation– in exchange for Corgan’s participation.
The ad features Corgan playing musical chairs with the Smithe brothers. When one of the brothers pushes Corgan out of his seat, he calls his wrestlers from Renaissance to take care of the situation.
One of the Smithe brothers is set to go down until one of Corgan’s wrestlers holds a chair above his head as if to hit him with it.
Corgan then interrupts, saying, “”Wait! “That’s a Walter E. Smithe chair!”
Watch the hilarious video above.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Elephants Retire To Sanctuary
- The Passing Of A Vegan Prince
- SeaWorld Phasing Out Whale Breeding Program
- Meatless Mouthful–Stevie Wonder Says Vegan Helps His Good Looks And Planet
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Waka Flocka Blueberry Vegan Muffins (Video)