Padma Lakshmi stopped by the studios of The Ellen DeGeneres Show to demonstrate two healthy, exotic and vegan recipes: Pondicherry Lentil Salad and Fairy Water.
Lakshmi said she enjoys preparing the lentil salad when she wants to detox, adding that her hectic schedule on television often results in weight changes that can be remedied with wholesome foods such as the salad.
There’s water, there’s fruit or otherwise infused water and then there’s fairy water.
“It’s basically sexing up water,” Lakshmi said of her way of getting more people around her to drink more water.
Adding rose petals, jasmine flowers, rosemary, lemon and other seasonings to water definitely makes it more interesting even if no added sex appeal is gained.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Norman Reedus Of “The Walking Dead” Eats Vegetarian After Flesh Scenes
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Yotam Ottolenghi Gives “Plenty More” Vegetarian Recipes In New Book
- Lee Daniels Considers Opening Vegan Restaurant
- Alicia Silverstone Says Children Appreciate A Vegan “Kind Mama”