John Salley can be seen on various billboards in the Detroit area as part of a campaign by VegMichigan, a non-profit organization promoting a plant-based diet for better health of people, animals and the environment.
“We’re excited to have a star like John Salley to help show that vegans are real people,” says Paul Krause, president of VegMichigan. “Vegans are healthy, vibrant, compassionate…and a growing segment of the population.”
The “Real Vegans” advertisements mostly feature non-celebrity vegans. They will hopefully portray the message to Detroit citizens and others that veganism is for everybody and not just a select few health fanatics, hippies or even celebrities.
“Veganism used to be considered a fringe movement,” explains Krause. “But with rising awareness about factory farms, obesity and other health and environmental concerns, more and more people are thinking about the impact of their food choices.”
For more information on Veg Michigan, visit VegMichigan.org.
Photo: PR Photo
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro