John Salley can be seen on various billboards in the Detroit area as part of a campaign by VegMichigan, a non-profit organization promoting a plant-based diet for better health of people, animals and the environment.
“We’re excited to have a star like John Salley to help show that vegans are real people,” says Paul Krause, president of VegMichigan. “Vegans are healthy, vibrant, compassionate…and a growing segment of the population.”
The “Real Vegans” advertisements mostly feature non-celebrity vegans. They will hopefully portray the message to Detroit citizens and others that veganism is for everybody and not just a select few health fanatics, hippies or even celebrities.
“Veganism used to be considered a fringe movement,” explains Krause. “But with rising awareness about factory farms, obesity and other health and environmental concerns, more and more people are thinking about the impact of their food choices.”
For more information on Veg Michigan, visit VegMichigan.org.
Photo: PR Photo
Possibly Related Posts:
- Green Leaf’s & Bananas iPad Giveaway For National Salad Month
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mark Bittman Breakfast Couscous
- Frankie Francis Of Frankie And The Heartstrings National Vegetarian Week
- Portia de Rossi On Vegan Diet And Healthy Weight
- Lisa Rinna Ate Vegan Like Mary Lou Henner During “Celebrity Apprentice” (Video)