Paul McCartney is encouraging schools in Britain to trade the bangers with veggie patties and mash.
A video was recorded by the vegetarian musician and posted to YouTube by his charity that promotes giving up meat once a week for the environment, MeatFreeMondays.
McCartney said students are more than open to the idea of vegetarian lunches.
“Younger people… (have said), ‘We really love this idea, because it gives us some way of helping to save our future, helping to save this planet and helping to avoid the catastrophes that climate change could cause’,” McCartney said.
The video, which premiered at The Sunday Times Festival of Education in London, can be viewed below.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out