The New York Daily News has featured an article on Erin McKenna, the owner and founder of the popular BabyCakes restaurants in New York and Los Angeles.
McKenna has wowed both celebrities and regular people with her vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free cookies, muffins, cupcakes and other desserts and has recently expanded her empire to Disney World and Rockaway Beach in New York.
So how was the name BabyCakes created?
McKenna told The Healthy Apple, “I opened the bakery because there was nowhere in New York that I could go to for sweets and I wanted to create it. I wanted it to be a place that I would want to go. The name came from the idea that the ingredients in the baked goods would be so carefully chosen and mindful of sensitive digestive systems, that even a baby could eat them. Hence the name, BabyCakes.”
Recipes for McKenna’s Plain Cake Donut, Black and White Cookies, Vanilla Sugar Glaze and Sugar-Sweetened Dipping Sauce can be found at the New York Post.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ariana Grande Andy Hurley Win PETA2 Sexiest Vegetarians
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Ellie Goulding Coconut Water Smoothie
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Bryant Terry Glazed Carrot Salad