Officials at a Belgium music festival have agreed to ban even a prized traditional horsemeat sandwiche popular with the locals at an event where vegetarian singer Morrissey will perform. In honor of the Meat is Murder singer, Lokerse Feesten has taken all meat off the menu on the day he takes the stage in August.
Instead, the festival will serve vegetarian items at the concession stands.
“The Lokerse Feesten have had their eye on Morrissey for a very long time,” organziers said about the change.
“For this edition we finally managed to get him over and we are very pleased about this.”
“Further to that, the addition of Morrissey to the line-up meant a welcomed catering challenge for one day. As more and more people are introducing veggie days in their diet, we considered one meatless-day out of 10 Lokerse Feesten days a healthy break for all. Our food stalls will be serving you an array of healthy vegetarian dishes.”
Morrissey isn’t the first vegetarian singer to bring changes to the food served at his concerts. Chrissie Hynde has requested on several occasions that meat not be served at her performances. Venues for her events instead offered concert goers items such as seitan sandwiches and Gardein products.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Stevie Wonder Eats At Baltimore Vegan Restaurant Land Of The Kush
- Chelsea Clinton Craved Red Meat Before Going Omnivore
- Peter Dinklage Stays Clear Of Vegetarian Restaurants
- Anthony Bourdain “Parts Unknown” Takes Him To Vegetarian India (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mayim Bialik Chocolate Fruit And Nut Clusters