Officials at a Belgium music festival have agreed to ban even a prized traditional horsemeat sandwiche popular with the locals at an event where vegetarian singer Morrissey will perform. In honor of the Meat is Murder singer, Lokerse Feesten has taken all meat off the menu on the day he takes the stage in August.
Instead, the festival will serve vegetarian items at the concession stands.
“The Lokerse Feesten have had their eye on Morrissey for a very long time,” organziers said about the change.
“For this edition we finally managed to get him over and we are very pleased about this.”
“Further to that, the addition of Morrissey to the line-up meant a welcomed catering challenge for one day. As more and more people are introducing veggie days in their diet, we considered one meatless-day out of 10 Lokerse Feesten days a healthy break for all. Our food stalls will be serving you an array of healthy vegetarian dishes.”
Morrissey isn’t the first vegetarian singer to bring changes to the food served at his concerts. Chrissie Hynde has requested on several occasions that meat not be served at her performances. Venues for her events instead offered concert goers items such as seitan sandwiches and Gardein products.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out