The singer and guitarist spoke with Maria Rodale for a Q & A featured at the Huffington Post, where Gardner revealed the importance of buying organic food as an environmentalist.
“As an environmentalist, I of course am a huge fan,” Gardner told Rodale. “As the dad of two kids, I feed organic food to my family almost exclusively. As a food lover, I much prefer the taste of organic food!”
On tour, the Guster approved fridges are stocked with goodies like organic yogurt, hummus and tea.
Gardner, who participated in a group that encourages musicians to challenge their fans to eat local, credits his wife for helping him go vegetarian.
“It was really my wife’s environmentalism that rubbed off on me!” Gardner said. “Once we started living together, suddenly I was eating vegetarian, composting, walking everywhere, running the laundry machine in off-peak hours.”
More on his conversation with Rodale at the Huffington Post.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable