Guster’s Adam Gardner is the face of the Green Music Group’s latest challenge to eat local, and while he’s one of the leading forces behind this campaign, he has his wife to thank for greening another area of his diet.
“It was really my wife’s environmentalism that rubbed off on me!” Gardner told Good. “Once we started living together, suddenly I was eating vegetarian, composting, walking everywhere, running the laundry machine in off-peak hours. It was the dichotomy between how I was living at home and what life on the road was like with my band (gas–guzzling tour bus, trash all over the place at the end of a show, awful fast food, etc.) that sparked the idea for Reverb in the first place.”
Gardner’s wife, Lauren Sullivan, is an environmentalist and co-founder of the non-profit organization Reverb, a group that aims to educate musicians and their fans on more sustainable living.
Reverb has helped green more than 85 tours featuring musicians such as Jack Johnson, Coldplay and Maroon 5 by helping them source local farmers for catering, use biodegradable catering products and fuel their tour buses with biodiesel.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable