Now that the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is over, we can gossip about much more interesting things hip Brits are doing like organic farming.
Prince Charles agrees and during his visit to Washington, D.C. in the states, he praised Walmart, criticized farm subsidies and the use of lots of pesticides. He also said these things were way cooler to discuss compared to the “embarassing speeches” he made during William and Kate’s wedding reception.
“You cannot help but feel hopeful when such huge corporations like Wal-Mart back local sourcing of food and decide to stock their shelves with sustainable or organic produce,” Charles said during a speech at Georgetown University. “Industry is clearly listening.”
Yes, not only was Walmart one of the top organic cotton retailers in 2009, it has recently pledged to overhaul its food, making labels easier for consumers to read and promote healthier food choices while downplaying unhealthier ones like desserts and salty foods. This was done to get in line with the First Lady’s Let’s Move! campaign that aims to get kids eating better and fitter.
Most importantly during his trip, when asked by TMZ if all vegetables were good for you, Charles answered, “Oh, yeah.”
Now that’s a King we can all bow down to.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Demi Lovato Eats Raw And Vegan With Occasional Celebrity Made Pizza
- PETA Names AT & T Park Most Veggie Friendly MLB Stadium
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Kerry Washington Glowing Green Smoothie (Video)
- Kathryn Prescott Consumes Vegan Frozen Yogurt On “Finding Carter”
- Steve Schirripa From “The Sopranos” Launches Vegan Organic Sauces