Now that the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is over, we can gossip about much more interesting things hip Brits are doing like organic farming.
Prince Charles agrees and during his visit to Washington, D.C. in the states, he praised Walmart, criticized farm subsidies and the use of lots of pesticides. He also said these things were way cooler to discuss compared to the “embarassing speeches” he made during William and Kate’s wedding reception.
“You cannot help but feel hopeful when such huge corporations like Wal-Mart back local sourcing of food and decide to stock their shelves with sustainable or organic produce,” Charles said during a speech at Georgetown University. “Industry is clearly listening.”
Yes, not only was Walmart one of the top organic cotton retailers in 2009, it has recently pledged to overhaul its food, making labels easier for consumers to read and promote healthier food choices while downplaying unhealthier ones like desserts and salty foods. This was done to get in line with the First Lady’s Let’s Move! campaign that aims to get kids eating better and fitter.
Most importantly during his trip, when asked by TMZ if all vegetables were good for you, Charles answered, “Oh, yeah.”
Now that’s a King we can all bow down to.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out