The actress took to her blog to discuss how to have an environmentally friendly Valentine’s Day, which is less than two weeks away.
Alicia recommended the perfect wine, flowers, chocolates, cards and even sexy nighties.
“If you appreciate and love each other all the time and spend as much quality time together as you can, Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a huge deal,” Silverstone writes. “But if you are a festive one, go for it!”
Here are a few of her suggestions.
Soy Candles: Made from a renewable resource that burns less soot than paraffin, soy candles are a must for those who want to breathe cleaner air. And with all that heavy breathing that’ll be going on, you’ll need the cleanest air possible!
Handmade Cards: Use old cards to create new ones yourself or cut photos or clippings from magazines to give your sweetie’s Valentine’s Day card a special touch and save paper.
Organic Flowers: Most flowers in the U.S. come from countries that may still use pesticides banned elsewhere. Silverstone’s favorites come from Organicbouquet.com , Californiaorganicflowers.com and Diamondorganics.com
Vegan chocolates are a must and lingerie made from organic cotton are not a bad idea either.
Visit Silverstone’s blog, The Kind Life, for more eco-friendly Valentine’s Day ideas.
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)
- Alicia Silverstone To Humane Society On “Kind Mama” And Next Cookbook
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Edie Falco Joins Celebrity Fight For Confined Pigs In New Jersey
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson