What’s better than a pescatarian who only eats more sustainable wild caught fish? A former pescatarian who’s even better for the environment because she eats zero fish!
Kirsten Vangsness of Criminal Minds has given up Charlie for good and become a full time vegetarian!
It appears that the CBS series where Vangsness stars as the FBI’s top technical analyst put a temporary cramp in her vegetarian lifestyle and she started to consume fish.
“It’s been 10 years, except for at the beginning of the show when I got out of it and ate fish,” Vangness told Vegetarian Times in the January/February 2011 issue.
“But then I stopped; it became too much of a negative emotional experience to eat a creature. Eating vegetarian is a wonderful way to tread lighter on the Earth, and it feels better physically and emotionally for me. Nothing I could think of would taste as good as that feeling.”
Unfortunately, many of the fish humans consume like tuna, cod, halibut and flounder are large, top predators which keep the ecosystem in check. Overfishing by large commercial vessels depletes these fishes’ numbers much faster than they can be replaced. On the animal rights side, recent studies have also found fish feel pain. And who really wants their office cubicle smelling like tuna every day, right?
Are you a pescatarian thinking of going full veggie like Kirsten?
Photo: PR Photos
Possibly Related Posts:
- Morrissey Adds Vegan Touch To First In-Person Interview In Decade On “Larry King Now” (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Rosanna Davison Raw Chocolate And Salted Caramel Slice
- Stella McCartney Ends Sourcing From Unethical Wool Supplier
- Dawn Richard And PETA Know Vegan Looks Good Inside And Out
- Jon Stewart Signs Off From “The Daily Show” Leaving His Mark On Food, Animals And The Earth