Whaling activist Pete Bethune‘s legal activities have left his family, which include two adolescent daughters, at home anxiously awaiting updates on his case, and one of his teenager girls has spoken with the press. Despite the long stay away from home, the girls say it’s almost normal for them to be away from him for long periods of time, given the nature of his career. And 13 year old Alycia Bethune would like to follow in her dad’s footsteps.
“I became a vegetarian two years ago because I think animal slaughter is cruel and I gave up,” she said. “I’d like to help save the animals, probably mainly the ones like all the native birds.”
Bethune, who was formerly associated with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society has just been given a suspended sentence of five years for his alleged assault activities in Japan, which is kind of the equivalent of probation in the states. If he doesn’t do anything wrong involving Japan, he’ll stay outside of bars.
The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society decided to end the relationship with Bethune after it was discovered he brought bow and arrows on the ship during a mission.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Kangana Ranaut Finds Vegetarian Opens Spirituality
- Mayim Bialik Celebrates Earth Day Every Day
- Christian Serratos Asks Electric Car Drivers To Go Vegetarian In PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Carla Hall Last Supper Tarragon Peas
- Meatless Mouthful–Samuel L. Jackson Credits Dr. Esselstyn For Vegan Diet