The True Blood Season 2 DVD and Blu-Ray edition has just been released and there are special features included, such as fake infomercials and The Vampire News.
One segment on The Vampire News has Tom Colicchio making an edible version of a blood drink for vampires that have stopped eating humans for ethical reasons (even the free-range humans).
Why do conventional chefs think chicken stock is a necessity in an otherwise vegetable based dish?
Who knows, but if you substitute vegetable broth for the stock, you have a completely vegan shake with fava beans for protein, spices like fennel and star anise, beet juice and other greens.
“I have a few friends that are vampires, and I’ve had this issue,” Collichio says. “We go out, and I’m sitting there through appetizer, and entree, and dessert, and they’re just kind of nursing a TruBlood. It’s a little awkward.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- PETA Asks Obama Daughters To Consider Pardoning All Turkeys
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Martha Stewart Quinoa Salad With Toasted Almonds
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 2
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 1
- Griff Whalen Of Indianapolis Colts Receives The Vegan Pass