The True Blood Season 2 DVD and Blu-Ray edition has just been released and there are special features included, such as fake infomercials and The Vampire News.
One segment on The Vampire News has Tom Colicchio making an edible version of a blood drink for vampires that have stopped eating humans for ethical reasons (even the free-range humans).
Why do conventional chefs think chicken stock is a necessity in an otherwise vegetable based dish?
Who knows, but if you substitute vegetable broth for the stock, you have a completely vegan shake with fava beans for protein, spices like fennel and star anise, beet juice and other greens.
“I have a few friends that are vampires, and I’ve had this issue,” Collichio says. “We go out, and I’m sitting there through appetizer, and entree, and dessert, and they’re just kind of nursing a TruBlood. It’s a little awkward.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Ellie Goulding Coconut Water Smoothie
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Bryant Terry Glazed Carrot Salad
- Blake Lively Preserve Store Features Vegan Hot Fudge