Kate Ford, star of Coronation Street, has posed nude in a PETA campaign to convince officials to use fake fur instead of real bear fur in the hats worn by the Queen’s guards.
“I would ask the Ministry of Defence to reconsider their choice to use real bear fur for the Guards’ caps,” Ford told PETA UK in an interview. “The use of the real fur is uncalled for, as the fake fur is luxurious and looks the same. For this reason, there is no need for bears to go through unimaginable suffering. I ask them to reconsider and choose the compassionate option.
Ford was named “Best Bitch” in British soap opera awards in 2004 and 2005 for her character’s disposition, but luckily for the bears and everyone else, she’s quite empathetic in real life, sharing her home with two elderly cats.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)
- Alicia Silverstone To Humane Society On “Kind Mama” And Next Cookbook
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Edie Falco Joins Celebrity Fight For Confined Pigs In New Jersey
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson