Gobble, gobble, gobble have you found the perfect tofu turkey recipe yet?
The Big Love star is participating in the program that was designed to end the practice of commercially raised turkeys that are slaughtered in masses annually.
About 45 million turkeys are slaughtered in the U.S. for Thanksgiving each year, according to the Farm Sanctuary website.
“After spending time with the rescued turkeys at Farm Sanctuary’s shelter and seeing how similar they are to my furry companion animals at home, I knew I needed to do everything in my power to protect these friendly and curious birds from the daily pain and suffering they endure on factory farms,” said Goodwin.
“With so many delicious, cruelty-free Thanksgiving dishes available, there is no reason why any living being should be treated like an unfeeling commodity. I encourage everyone to start a new, compassionate Thanksgiving tradition this year and Adopt-A-Turkey, rather than eat one.”
For a one time donation of $25, you can adopt a turkey living at Farm Sanctuary and receive an adoption certificate in your name or donate sponsorships as gifts to families and friends.
For more information, visit adoptaturkey.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- PETA Asks Obama Daughters To Consider Pardoning All Turkeys
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Martha Stewart Quinoa Salad With Toasted Almonds
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 2
- Marco Antonio Regil Interview With Vegetarian Star–Part 1