“I hope to be a voice for the billion people in developing countries who will be the hardest hit by changing weather patterns, by the droughts and floods that destroy their crops and threaten their food security,” Jackman said in a statement.
“Climate Week NYC provides an ideal forum to help underscore the urgency for world leaders to secure and fund an ambitious global climate change deal in Copenhagen that is effective, fair and binding.”
Wouldn’t it be great if Hugh also took a huge step in preventing climate change and cut back on meat?
If you recall, Hugh had said he ate copious amounts of chickens to build muscle for his role in X Men Origins: Wolverine.
“Let me tell you, I’m not vegan,” Hugh had said. “I ate so many chickens to make this body. If there is a place in hell for people who eat chickens, I have booked a suite bigger than anybody.”
Hugh might not eat as many chickens as he did then, but he has the ability to serve as an example of how more people can be fed (and improve the food security of developing nations) on plants and grains versus meat.
And any veggie environmentalist knows raising livestock for food is a huge blow to planet stability.
Kudos to Hugh for taking an interest in such a serious matter.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–Kangana Ranaut Finds Vegetarian Opens Spirituality
- Mayim Bialik Celebrates Earth Day Every Day
- Christian Serratos Asks Electric Car Drivers To Go Vegetarian In PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Carla Hall Last Supper Tarragon Peas
- Meatless Mouthful–Samuel L. Jackson Credits Dr. Esselstyn For Vegan Diet