Veg man Samuel L. Jackson recently revealed his secret to staying trim and lean.
The actor who has appeared in films such as Pulp Fiction, Shaft, and Star Wars says he eats a variety of salads, according to celebrity chef Nikki Shaw.
Shaw has graciously posted a salad recipe on MomLogic.com, a Spinach Confetti Veggie Salad.
“Be very careful: “salads” can be deceiving!” Shaw warns. “If you’re choosing to eat salads to keep the pounds off, watch out for those delicious high-calorie dressings and fattening toppings. Lower calorie dressings like vinaigrette, Italian, or good ole olive oil and balsamic vinegar are better choices.”
Whip up a salad that would make Samuel proud with Shaw’s recipe below.
SPINACH CONFETTI & VEGGIE SALAD (Makes 4 servings)
1 6-ounce bag of fresh baby spinach leaves
½ cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
½ cup carrots, diced
½ cup mushrooms, diced
½ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1. Place spinach, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, carrots, and mushrooms in a large bowl.
2. Drizzle dressing on salad and lightly toss.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Bryant Terry Glazed Carrot Salad
- Blake Lively Preserve Store Features Vegan Hot Fudge
- Mya Talks Vegetarian Diet In “Women’s Running”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–”Cutthroat Kitchen” Vegan Ginger Snaps