Dennis Kucinich delivered a televised message to attendees at Vegan Earth Day on June 21st at Pierce College in Woodland Hills, California.
Kucinich used to suffer from Crohn’s disease, which he says, along with Chinese medicine, a vegan diet has cure him of.
Heck, if you think a vegan diet nixes that inflammatory disease of the intestines, a Japanese study suggested even a semi-vegetarian dieter can reap the benefits.
“I just want to tell you that for health reasons, for compassion for animals, there are many reasons that people can make that change. And also for helping to save the planet. There are as many reasons why a person may be a vegan as there are vegans, I suppose. But for me it’s been one of the most important decisions in my life. It’s enabled me to have increased clarity and vitality, and its given me a joy of life that I can’t say that I really had when I had another diet that was weighing me down physically and spiritually.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- PETA Asks Obama Daughters To Consider Pardoning All Turkeys
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Of “Goldbergs” Celebrates Cats With PETA (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Orlando Jones (Video)
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)