Written by Vegetarian Star on June 30th, 2009 in Uncategorized.
Dennis Kucinich delivered a televised message to attendees at Vegan Earth Day on June 21st at Pierce College in Woodland Hills, California.
Kucinich used to suffer from Crohn’s disease, which he says, along with Chinese medicine, a vegan diet has cure him of.
Heck, if you think a vegan diet nixes that inflammatory disease of the intestines, a Japanese study suggested even a semi-vegetarian dieter can reap the benefits.
“I just want to tell you that for health reasons, for compassion for animals, there are many reasons that people can make that change. And also for helping to save the planet. There are as many reasons why a person may be a vegan as there are vegans, I suppose. But for me it’s been one of the most important decisions in my life. It’s enabled me to have increased clarity and vitality, and its given me a joy of life that I can’t say that I really had when I had another diet that was weighing me down physically and spiritually.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Ariana Grande Andy Hurley Win PETA2 Sexiest Vegetarians
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Kimberly Elise Pumps Vegetables In PETA Pro Vegan Ad (Video)
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Ellie Goulding Coconut Water Smoothie
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Talks Rescue Pit Bull In Humane Society “All Animals”