So take that, Sea Kitten disser!
After climbing to the top of a wind turbine at Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center in Abileen, Texas, Leilani autographed one of the blades. The owner of the tower, NextEra Energy Resources, nicknamed it “Leilani.”
NextEra Energy Resources owns about 6,290 megawatts (MW) of wind farm assets in the USA, and accounted for roughly 25 percent of the total wind power installed in the country during 2008, according to the International Business Times.
“I had to call Stephen out because it seems like every time I watch “The Colbert Report,” he’s having something named after him,” Leilaini told emagazine.com. “I was like—ha!—I beat him to one thing. He may have all the animals on the earth named for him, but he doesn’t have a wind turbine”
Leilani is an outspoken environmentalist who has described herself as a “vegetarian hippie chick.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Griff Whalen Of Indianapolis Colts Receives The Vegan Pass
- Meatless Mouthful–James Cameron Says Change Diet, Change The World
- PETA Names AT & T Park Most Veggie Friendly MLB Stadium
- Tim Howard Scores Goal For Animals In PETA “Ink Not Mink” Ad
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)