Laraque recently blogged about his participation in an anti-fur protest in Montreal. He’s also vegetarian and is working on becoming vegan.
“On May 3, 2009, I was present at an anti-fur conference protest in downtown Montreal. It was taking place right next to the Place Bonaventure, the site of a North American Fur and Fashion Exposition. About 50 protesters and I stood proud and firm in the defense of animals. I want to personally thank everyone who gave me the chance to be part of this event and I will make it my mission for the rest of my life to do everything I can to protect animals. I’m also proud to announce that I have officially become a vegetarian and will slowly work towards becoming totally vegan.”
You can view pics of Georges at the protest.
At six feet, three inches, 260 pounds, this athlete is surely a poster boy for potential Skinny Bastards who might be afraid to scarf down some seitan in fear of being wimpy.
Wishing Georges best of luck with his vegan goals!
Possibly Related Posts:
- David Duchovny Pens “Holy Cow: A Modern-Day Dairy Tale”
- Kate Mara Celebrates California Prop 2 With Humane Society
- Best Vegetarian Stories Of 2014
- Meatless Mouthful–Ian Harding Of “Pretty Liars” Tells Truth About Bird Love
- James Cromwell Reflects On 20th Anniversary Of “Babe”