Biz is following Wyntergrace Williams‘ lead and lobbying Congress to ensure vegetarian meals are included in school lunches.
Biz sent a letter to Rep. George Miller, chair of the House Education and Labor Committee to support the Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act, which would add a vegetarian friendly option to children’s school lunches.
It took a little more than 140 characters for Biz to express himself, but we think he’s done it well based on this excerpt.
“Hundreds of thousands of students across the country don’t eat meat, according to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study. However, these young vegetarians often can’t find healthy, meatless meals in the school cafeteria … Even students who aren’t vegetarian would benefit from having low-fat, high-fiber vegetarian options.”
The video recorded by Wyntergrace Williams has aired as a commercial in Rep. George Miller’s district.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Super Size Me” Co-Creator Alex Jamieson Gives Up Vegan Diet
- Sarah DeAnna Thinks The Vegan Diet Gives A “Supermodel You”
- Martha Stewart Pea Hummus From “Meatless”
- “Cupcake Wars” To Feature Vegan Friendly “The Cakabakery”
- Anthony Bourdain On Animal Testing Kardashians And More