A very, very distant vegetarian past.
Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi is starring in a commercial for Hardee’s, advertising the fast food giant’s Bacon Western Thickburger.
Lakshmi has no problem chowing away on that pork and beef, but there was a time…
“I grew up a vegetarian,” Lakshmi told People. “Then, because I grew up in the states, I started slowly eating meat. First it was bologna sandwiches, or pepperoni on pizza. As a teenager, [my friends and I] would always go have burgers. I would scarf them down!”
Seems like Padma is just one of the many examples of those who immigrate to the US and unfortunately, adopt unhealthy diets in addition to other American cultural practices.
Thickburger girl says she works out like crazy and doesn’t just sit around eating burgers all day, which is why she’s still able to maintain her trim figure. But Padma, really? How trim are your arteries?
The commercial was directed by Chris Applebaum, the same guy who brought Paris Hilton and a burger together for a 2005 Hardee’s ad.
It’s time a veg celebrity did a promo for some fake meat. What do you guys think? Pamela Anderson wearing nothing but a Boca burger? Ginnifer Goodwin with a soystache?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Michael Symon Corn Pudding With Collards And Mushrooms
- Jennifer Wiederstrom Of “Biggest Loser” Eating More Green Lately
- Jackson Galaxy From “My Cat From Hell” Marries At Animal Sanctuary
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Alie & Georgia Shuckin’ Good Corn Salad
- Jillian Michaels Shares Post Work-Out Snacks “Access Hollywood” (Video)