A very, very distant vegetarian past.
Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi is starring in a commercial for Hardee’s, advertising the fast food giant’s Bacon Western Thickburger.
Lakshmi has no problem chowing away on that pork and beef, but there was a time…
“I grew up a vegetarian,” Lakshmi told People. “Then, because I grew up in the states, I started slowly eating meat. First it was bologna sandwiches, or pepperoni on pizza. As a teenager, [my friends and I] would always go have burgers. I would scarf them down!”
Seems like Padma is just one of the many examples of those who immigrate to the US and unfortunately, adopt unhealthy diets in addition to other American cultural practices.
Thickburger girl says she works out like crazy and doesn’t just sit around eating burgers all day, which is why she’s still able to maintain her trim figure. But Padma, really? How trim are your arteries?
The commercial was directed by Chris Applebaum, the same guy who brought Paris Hilton and a burger together for a 2005 Hardee’s ad.
It’s time a veg celebrity did a promo for some fake meat. What do you guys think? Pamela Anderson wearing nothing but a Boca burger? Ginnifer Goodwin with a soystache?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Carrie Ann Inaba Dons Vegan Shoes For “Dancing With The Stars” 300th
- Jane Velez-Mitchell “Pet Of The Day” On “HLN”
- Rob Schneider Insults Animal And Not The Host With Ex Vegetarian Diet
- Jillian Michaels 80/20 Diet Rule To “U.S. News” Sounds Flexitarian
- Neil Everett Of ESPN PETA Ad Names Pets Most Valuable Players (Video)