Russia’s vegan bobsledder, Alexey Voyevoda, has won a gold medal for his team at the 2014 Winter Olympic games in Sochi.
Together with pilot Alexander Zubkov, Voyevoda completed four runs in three minutes and 45.39 seconds, finishing 0.66 seconds ahead of Switzerland while the US took the Bronze medal.
In an interview with Moscow Times, Voyevoda had expressed a desire to not only make Russia proud with his athletic abilities but encourage them to improve themselves through healthier eating and physical fitness.
“My role as one of the ambassadors of the Games is to promote sport, to encourage people to adopt a healthy lifestyle,” he said.
While not everyone will come in first place, even with a vegan diet, Voyevoda told PETA UK that athletes who inspire to eat plant-based will become winners.
“Study and listen to yourself, to your own heart, and you will get to the place which is just right for you.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Eva Longoria Goes Vegan To Lean Out
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Beyonce Raw Vegan Walnut Tacos
- Heather Mills Gives Lessons For Vegan Eating In A Hurry
- Zahia Dehar And Bryan Adams Collaborate For PETA Pro-Vegetarian Ad
- Miley Cyrus Makes Vegan Announcement In Paper Magazine