Paul Schaffer, David Letterman‘s sidekick since the 80s on The Late Show with David Letterman, is starring in a new video produced by the Ad Council, the Humane Society of the United States and Maddie’s Fund in partnership with the Halo Pet Foundation.
October is National Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Schaffer promotes pet adoption by playing a few notes on the piano alongside a four-legged band member. He is later flanked by several dogs who also want to join the campaign.
“Everyone should have a shelter dog,” Schaeffer says.
“It’s good for the soul.”
The video is part of a series from The Shelter Pet Project that will include PSAs from actors from Vampire Diaries and Army Wives.
“The beauty of The Shelter Pet Project campaign is that these pets speak for themselves,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “We hope these videos will break down barriers and encourage people to consider shelter pet adoption as the only option bringing a pet into their family.”
According to the Humane Society of the United States, 4 million animals are adopted each year from shelters.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Samantha Barks Relates To Fish For PETA Ad
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Tiffani Thiessen Roasted Tomato Soup (Video)
- Richard Linklater Spins Vegetarian Spoof Of “Boyhood” For PETA (Video)
- David Duchovny Pens “Holy Cow: A Modern-Day Dairy Tale”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jason Mraz Avocado Pudding Smoothie Guacamole