Martha Stewart has yet another version of a classic and popular vegetarian dish.
There are as many types of hummus as there are the number of times you’ve heard the response “salad” after asking the wait staff what vegetarian options are available.
In addition to numerous flavorings of the chickpea variety, hummus connesours have put twists on the traditional Middle Eastern dish, using other beans and vegetables.
Stewart’s latest cookbook Meatless, an all vegetarian one, makes a colorful and tasty hummus by pureeing peas in the blender.
The recipe calls for fresh peas, but feel free to use any kind of pea in this dip–fresh, frozen or canned will all be complemented nicely with spices like cilantro and cumin.
Grab the recipe for Stewart’s pea hummus at Chicago Tribune.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Sarah Silverman Veggie Pot Pie (Video)
- Emily Deschanel And Hubby David Hornsby Expanding 2nd Child
- Meatless Mouthful–Jennifer Lopez Says Don’t Fear The Veggie
- RZA Wishes “A Better Tomorrow” For Animals In PETA Ad
- Meatless Mouthful–Alicia Silverstone Says Vegan No Longer Laughable