Anthony Bourdain has never believed great chefs and vegans make good bedfellows.
And apparently, he threatened to remove himself from the bed of his wife Ottavia when she announced she was going to try veganism.
The No Reservations star jokingly told her they were close to ending it as he sat over a pile of “sludgy brown rice.”
Mrs. Bourdain wrote of her husband’s comments in an article:
“We’ve never been so close to divorce.” I hope he’s kidding, but looking at him, I’m not so sure. After we get home he elaborates… “That was one of the worst meals in history. It tasted of hippie. It tasted of my last weed dealer’s apartment. I hate the world now. Please kill me.”
Ottavia’s week long vegan adventures are detailed at VICE.com‘s “Fightland.”
During her “separation” from Bourdain’s pork, beef and other contractual animal part eating obligations, she experimented with vegan Korean, Indian and faux meats.
Read about her experiences here.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Mario Batali Pennette With Swiss Chard Ragu
- Meatless Mouthful–Sadie Frost Keeps Mum On Eating Habits
- Alan Cumming Celebrates New York City Most Vegan-Friendly Honor
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Denzel Washington Quits Tofu