Anthony Bourdain has never believed great chefs and vegans make good bedfellows.
And apparently, he threatened to remove himself from the bed of his wife Ottavia when she announced she was going to try veganism.
The No Reservations star jokingly told her they were close to ending it as he sat over a pile of “sludgy brown rice.”
Mrs. Bourdain wrote of her husband’s comments in an article:
“We’ve never been so close to divorce.” I hope he’s kidding, but looking at him, I’m not so sure. After we get home he elaborates… “That was one of the worst meals in history. It tasted of hippie. It tasted of my last weed dealer’s apartment. I hate the world now. Please kill me.”
Ottavia’s week long vegan adventures are detailed at VICE.com‘s “Fightland.”
During her “separation” from Bourdain’s pork, beef and other contractual animal part eating obligations, she experimented with vegan Korean, Indian and faux meats.
Read about her experiences here.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Richard Linklater Spins Vegetarian Spoof Of “Boyhood” For PETA (Video)
- Beyonce And Trainer Start Vegan Meal Delivery Service
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Jamie Oliver’s Brillant Veggie Burger
- Ellie Goulding Makes Vegan Burger On “Jamie And Jimmy’s Friday Night Feast”
- Ali Larter Considers Vegan Diet To Lose Baby Weight