“I’d rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths – and that’s saying something coming from a vegetarian,” the Meat is Murder singer said.
Now Morrissey has an even better offer that would allow him to avoid eating flesh, stay vegetarian and turn the entire Coachella event in Indio, California meatless too.
Organizers of the festival said they would remove all meat products from the event if he and Marr came on stage together. Apparently the same offer was made in 2010 but turned down. Coachella is the same festival where Morrissey walked off stage after complaining of smelling barbecued meat.
“Interestingly the agents for Coachella offered a 100 per cent vegetarian event for the following year if I would agree to headline with Johnny Marr as The Smiths,” Morrissey said of the previous offer. “Fascinatingly they made it clear that they would ‘not require’ the Smiths’ bass player or drummer… which I thought certainly said something.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Shape” Magazine Features Beyond Meat Vegetarian Meat Founder
- Russell Simmons Wants Cool Vegetarian Food In Needy Neighborhoods
- Kellie Pickler Wins “Dancing With The Stars”
- Slice Of Vegan Celebrity Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- “Chopped” To Feature Vegan Chef Using Tempeh In Competition