“I’d rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths – and that’s saying something coming from a vegetarian,” the Meat is Murder singer said.
Now Morrissey has an even better offer that would allow him to avoid eating flesh, stay vegetarian and turn the entire Coachella event in Indio, California meatless too.
Organizers of the festival said they would remove all meat products from the event if he and Marr came on stage together. Apparently the same offer was made in 2010 but turned down. Coachella is the same festival where Morrissey walked off stage after complaining of smelling barbecued meat.
“Interestingly the agents for Coachella offered a 100 per cent vegetarian event for the following year if I would agree to headline with Johnny Marr as The Smiths,” Morrissey said of the previous offer. “Fascinatingly they made it clear that they would ‘not require’ the Smiths’ bass player or drummer… which I thought certainly said something.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Alicia Silverstone To Humane Society On “Kind Mama” And Next Cookbook
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Orlando Jones (Video)
- Norman Reedus Of “The Walking Dead” Eats Vegetarian After Flesh Scenes
- Zoe Saldana Talks Former Vegetarian Ways Over Ribs With Craig Fergson
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)