Hell’s Kitchen finalist Guy Vaknin has officially opened his vegan-friendly sushi restaurant.
Beyond Sushi, located on E. 14th Street in NYC, contains several rolls and wraps filled with variety of greens and grains. Most are vegan, but there is an occasional egg item on the menu.
Here is a mouth-watering photo that should get you in the mood.
Vaknin has not only taken sushi a step further by making it mostly vegan, he also offers lower-sodium housemade alternatives to soy sauce, including Toasted Cayenne,Jalapeno Wasabi, Chili & Mango, Carrot Ginger, Tofu & Miso and Shitake & Teriyaki.
Rice varieties include black rice, six-grain medley of red, black and short-grain brown rice, purple and hull-less barley, rye berries and long-grain red rice.
Your body won’t miss the seafood for protein, as there’s plenty of tofu and edamame to complement the fruits and vegetables like kiwi, mango and carrots.
The New York Times has a feature on the former reality TV competitor’s new eatery.
Visit BeyondSushiNYC for more information and a menu.
Photo: Beyond Sushi
Possibly Related Posts:
- Chrissy Teigen Failed Vegan Experiment
- Mia Evans Is A “Masterchef Junior” Vegetarian Star
- Holly Madison Enjoys Vegan Smoothie From M Cafe In Beverly Hills
- Controversy Over Pro-Vegeterian Curriculum In Schools
- Ellie Goulding Creates Protein Bar “Everlasting Joy” With GoMacro