Paul McCartney is celebrating his 70th decade on Earth today and it’s a good bet he’s made it this far because of his commitment to health and animal welfare by following a vegetarian diet.
A few “animals” wanted to pay homage to the ex-Beatles singer and they posed in this photograph taken by PETA. A fish, pig, chicken and cow walked across the famous Abbey Road album crosswalk, each carrying a special message for the musician.
“I would never go back. I enjoy being vegetarian,” McCartney said of the decision he made 40 years ago. “It’s a thrill, and I can walk past a field of animals with a clear conscience.”
“If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That’s the single most important thing you could do. It’s staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Emily Deschanel Throwing Vegan Party For Son
- Slice Of Celebrity Vegan Birthday Cake To (Drum Roll)
- Denzel Washington Quits Tofu
- Rob Zombie To Eat Vegan On “Top Chef”
- Meatless Monday Recipe–Misterwives’ Vegan Chicken Scallopini (Video)